Cuban Memorial: Request of Prayers for the Victims of Communism
Your support is urgently needed. Strictly of a spiritual nature, this type of assistance is at everyone's reach and it's the most valuable before the eyes of God.
* We need your invaluable help to rescue from oblivion more than 10,000 Cubans who died as victims of the communist regime and whose deaths have been thoroughly documented. Your assistance is strictly spiritual in nature, at everyone's reach and, without a doubt, most valuable before the eyes of God.
* Next February 20-23 at Tamiami Park in Miami, Florida, in the United States, volunteers from different countries will organize the Cuban Memorial, which consists of more than 10,000 white crosses, each inscribed with the name of a victim of the Cuban communist regime. Exiled families of those assassinated who were unable to say their last good-bye to their loved ones and prohibited from visiting their gravesites, will be able to do so now.
* A gigantic wooden cross painted in white, measuring 14 x 17 feet will be placed in the center of this area to symbolically remember all those victims of the Cuban Communist regime with no verifiable information available of their deaths. This cross will be named: The Cross of "the Unknown Decedent".
* How can you become a part of this prayer crusade and pay spiritual homage? Simply by requesting a mass or religious service or by organizing, with your family or colleagues at work, a moment of joint prayer. We ask that these masses or religious services are set aside for Sunday, February 22. Thus, all around the world on that day, prayers will be said for the eternal rest of these souls. Please request them on behalf of the "victims of the Cuban genocide under the communist regime of Fidel Castro."
* Many of these victims were young men who were sent before firing squads proclaiming "Hail Christ the King!"
* We would be honored if you could confirm, as soon as possible, your valuable support and click on:
WeConfirmMass/ReligiousService and/or WeConfirmPrayer including place, date and any other additional details.
* May Divine Providence and the Patron of Cuba, the Virgin of Charity, reward you a hundredfold.
Renato Gómez / General Coordinator / tel. (1-786) 621-7505 Miami FL
Cuban Memorial Organizing Committee www.memorialcubano.org
Please, also include in your prayers those men, women, and children who drowned in the Florida Straits in their attempt to obtain freedom. Most of their names are unknown and reliable sources estimate the numbers of Cubans trying to escape and who lost their lives at sea to be in the thousands.
Finally, pray for the all political prisoners agonizing in Cuban jails, such as the physician Dr. Oscar E. Biscet, the economist Martha Beatriz Roque and thousands others detained for advocating justice and freedom. The present reality in the island of Cuba, after six years of Pope John Paul II's historic trip (January 21-25, 1998), contradicts the pontiff's desire that Cuba open up to the world.
The dissemination of this e-mail is the exclusive responsibility of the humanitarian agency Rights Without Borders / Derechos Sin Fronteras / Argentina / Sergio González, Secretario